Ideally for puppies aged between 12 and 18 weeks, but can also be adapted to suit older puppies.
The Puppy Training Course is a 5-week course which takes place in your own home, on days/times to suit you, with each session lasting approximately an hour.
All of our training methods use positive reinforcement. Each week, new exercises will be introduced, as well as a re-cap of what was learnt the previous week.
This training programme has been designed for puppies that have had little or no previous training, and will give them a fantastic overall start to life as an educated dog.
The sessions are enjoyable for both the owner and the puppy, and build the foundation for a happy, confident relationship.
Topics covered include:
- Attention training and sit command
- Teaching your puppy to lie down on command
- Teaching your puppy to stand on command
- Sit, down and stand sequences
- Teaching your puppy hand signals
- Teaching your puppy nice manners around food
- How to stop your puppy jumping up
- How to manage mouthing and biting
- How to teach your puppy to play nicely
- Training your puppy to come when called
- Teaching your puppy to walk nicely on the lead
- Teaching your puppy to sit stay
- Teaching your puppy to drop objects
- Teaching your puppy to be handled and groomed all over
- Teaching your puppy a trick
You will also receive a full set of notes detailing everything covered during the course.