Ideally for puppies aged between 12 and 20 weeks, but can also be adapted to suit older puppies.
The Puppy Training Course is a 5-week course which takes place in your own home, on days/times to suit you, with each session lasting approximately an hour.
All of our training methods use positive reinforcement. Each week, new exercises will be introduced, as well as a re-cap of what was learnt the previous week.
This training programme has been designed for puppies that have had little or no previous training, and will give them a fantastic overall start to life as an educated dog.
The sessions are enjoyable for both the owner and the puppy, and build the foundation for a happy, confident relationship.
Topics covered include:
- Attention training and sit command
- Teaching your puppy to lie down on command
- Teaching your puppy to stand on command
- Sit, down and stand sequences
- Teaching your puppy hand signals
- Teaching your puppy nice manners around food
- How to stop your puppy jumping up
- How to manage mouthing and biting
- How to teach your puppy to play nicely
- Training your puppy to come when called
- Teaching your puppy to walk nicely on the lead
- Teaching your puppy to sit stay
- Teaching your puppy to drop objects
- Teaching your puppy to be handled and groomed all over
- Teaching your puppy a trick
You will also receive a full set of notes detailing everything covered during the course.
We are listed as one of only a few Approved Instructors in the country with Waggawuffins Canine College, having been trained by Jane Arden (Kennel Club Trainer of the Year), and are also an Approved Instructor with the ADTB (Academy of Dog Training and Behaviour) and a member of the PPG (Pet Professional Guild).