For puppies aged between 11 and 20 weeks. £60
Our Puppy Training Course is a 6-week course, taking place at St Ambrose Hall in Leyland (Moss Lane, PR25 4XA) on Monday evenings.
Start dates for upcoming courses:
- Monday 27 November 6:30pm * fully booked *
- Monday 18 December 7:30pm - this course will hold one session before Christmas to get you on the right track and will resume with sessions on 8th January.
- Monday 22 January 6:30pm
Please Note: Places are limited (maximum of 6 puppies in each class to ensure plenty of individual attention) so contact us to book your space!
All of our training methods use positive reinforcement. Each week we will learn something new whilst also building on things learnt previously during the course.
This training programme has been designed for puppies that have had little or no previous training, and will give them a fantastic overall start to life as an educated dog. The sessions are enjoyable for both the owner and the puppy, and build the foundation for a happy, confident relationship.
Topics covered include:
- The importance of training and early socialisation
- Showing puppy right from wrong in a positive way with rewards
- Puppy development phases
- How to be a responsible dog owner
- Socialising your puppy with strangers, children and other dogs
- Teaching your puppy to pay attention to you
- Teaching your puppy to sit, lie down and stand on command
- How to stop your puppy from jumping up
- How to manage puppy mouthing/biting
- Teaching your puppy nice manners around food - the wait command
- Training your puppy to come when called
- Teaching your puppy to walk nicely on the lead
- The sit stay
- The drop command
- The leave command
- Getting your puppy to being handled and groomed all over
- Getting your puppy used to travelling
- Teaching your puppy a trick
You will also receive a full set of notes detailing everything covered during the course.
- Dogs that are not comfortable around other dogs are not suited to a class environment. This may be displayed as barking, aggression or fear. As well as stressing them out and potentially escalating the problem, they will disrupt and stress the class. If you think this sounds like your dog, one-to-one training sessions at your home may be a better alternative. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
- Your puppy must be fully vaccinated to attend these group sessions. We ask that you bring your vaccination certificate to the first session.
We are listed as one of only a few Approved Instructors in the country with Waggawuffins Canine College, having been trained by Jane Arden (Kennel Club Trainer of the Year), and are also an Approved Instructor with the ADTB (Academy of Dog Training and Behaviour).